Am I the only one who can’t believe this year is almost HALF over?!!!
Oh, good–then I am in great company!
I’ve been busy pursuing my top goal for 2021, as I outlined in my January New Year’s post. My top goal for 2021 wasn’t to de-clutter (although that needs doing), or to lose weight (ALWAYS something I’m keeping an eye on), or to be better organized in my life (now where are my keys?) My #1 goal for 2021 is to read the Bible in entirety from Genesis to Revelation by midnight on December 31, 2021.
I am coming along very well in that regard as I crossed over into I Chronicles this afternoon. I AM LEARNING SO MUCH !!!! It is not boring at all and as I told my husband, the Bible reads better than a good mystery thriller and is more engaging than the world’s worst best soap opera!!! Here’s a few amazing things I’ve learned–all found in the Old Testament:
1. Don’t fall into the habit of grumbling and complaining like the Israelites did. Despite how easy it is to do, complaining won’t look good on you!
2. The battle is the Lord’s! We don’t have to do life on our own power. What a relief!
3. Even great King David didn’t do everything completely perfectly, but he was a ‘man after God’s own heart’. There is hope!!!!!
4. Man looks on the outward appearance–God looks at the health of our heart. (I Samuel 16:7). It’s like Grandma always said, “Pretty is as pretty does.”
5. It may be tempting to ask God for wealth and ‘stuff’; consider asking for wisdom instead. Solomon asked for a discerning heart and the wisdom to distinguish between right and wrong. (II Kings 3:9). Wouldn’t a healthy dose of wisdom solve so many of our worries???
I’m forging ahead in my quest…..l’ll check back again in a few!!! And slow down…..2021 !!!!!
Love, grace and peace,